Between Wiskid and Davido, Who is Richer in Music and Wealth.
Wiskid and Davido… The entertainment industry in Nigeria has grown enormously. Worldwide, Nigerian music fans root for their best-loved artistes and will do anything just to prove it. Over the years, there has been some music competition between the two biggest stars in music; Wizkid and Davido. Just as the International football fans always argue about who is a better footballer between Messi and Ronaldo, fans often argue about who is a better musician between Wizkid and Davido.
This post will answer one of the most asked questions in the Nigerian music industry; Wizkid and Davido, who is richer?
Before we begin, here are some facts about Wizkid and Davido you may likely know:
Facts About Wizkid.
- He’s one of the most popular artiste in Africa
- His real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, Wizkid is his stage name. He was born on the 16th of july, 1990 in Surulere. He began singing when he was 11years old in churches as a vocalist and chorister and later began writing songs.
- Wizkid was coached by Naeto C, as an upcoming artist. He formed a gospel singing group called the ‘Glorious Five’, which he later left to pursue a solo career.
He has kids out of wedlock; his first son was born in October, 2010.
- Wizkid and Davido have had several challenges with Davido. They had a public disagreement at a music festival at Dubai in 2010.
- Some of Wizkids hit songs are “Holla at Your Boy” ”Tease Me/Bad Guys”, “Don’t Dull”, “Love My Baby” “Pakurumo” ”Mmanya” Etc. He released a studio album titled ‘sounds from the Other Side’ in 2017, which he featured Nigerian and International artistes.
- Wizkid formed his own record label, Starboy. He is also associated with other record labels like RCA and Disturbing London.
- He was known internationally, following his collaboration with Drake on the worldwide hit, ‘One Dance’ and also became the first Afrobeat artiste to appear in the 2018 Guinness World’s Records for his contribution to the hit song.
- In 2009, Wizkid dropped out of the Lagos State University (LASU) to pursue his music career. He later enrolled at Lead City University, which he dropped out after two (2) sessions.
- Wizkid is the first Nigerian artiste to have over 1million followers on twitter. He has also won lots of awards, both locally and internationally.
Facts About Davido.
- Davido’s real name is David Adeleke. He was born on 21st November, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Davido is from a wealthy family; his father is a successful business man, while his late mother was a university lecturer.
- He is a recording artiste, performer, music producer, and singer. He was in a group called KB international in America, before deciding to go solo.
- He is the co owner of HKN music label. He has produced songs for some renown artistes in Nigeria like Tiwa Savage, Skales, etc.
- Davido formed a new label called Davido Music Worlwide (DMW). He signed Dremo and Maryorkun to his new label. His record label is associated with other record labels like RCA and Sony.
- Davido’s debut album is called ”Omo Baba Olowo”, some of his hit songs are “Back When”, “Dami Duro”, “Overseas”, “Gbon Gbon”, “Gobe”, “One of a Kind”, “Skelewu”, “Aye”, “Tchelete” ft Mafikizolo Etc. In 2016 Davido released an EP titled Son of Mercy.
- Davido has kids with different women, one named Imade Adeleke from Sophia Momodu and Hailey Adeleke from Amanda, who is based in Atlanta.
- Davido has won awards both locally and internationally.
Now to Answer the Question, Wizkid and Davido, Who is Richer in 2018?
According to the ranking of the richest artistes in Afica by Forbes in 2017, Wizkid was ranked just above Davido. He was ranked 7th richest artiste while Davido was ranked 8th richest in Africa.
However, we are awaiting Forbes official ranking of the richest artistes in Africa for 2018. Forbes ranking might be based on the money earned by an artiste every year, if it were to be the overall net worth, Davido would probably be ranked higher than Wizkid because he is from a wealthy family.
Withal, let’s wait for Forbes official ranking for 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.