ADS: CONTACT Banabas Angyer @ +1 940 228 6133 for Study Abroad Guide
Functions of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Functions of the Nigerian Stock Exchange… The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) formally known as the Lagos Stock Exchange was established in 1960 and renamed in 1977. The NSE is simply referred to as a marketplace where people sell and buy stock. It is without doubt one of the major contributors to the country’s economy due to its increasing number of investors.
Quality information is the key to investor’s success in NSE because you would need to have pre-knowledge of which stock to buy and when to sell such stock. The factors a stock trader needs to consider are the history, quality, cost and perception of the stock.
The NSE has a list of 180 companies with total market capitalization of about N10.16 trillion as of June 28, 2016. It creates a medium in which investors can use disposable income to buy stocks with the belief that it will later rise in value. Their activities and transactions are regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Functions of the Nigerian Stock Exchange
- It provides a platform for selling and buying of stocks and securities.
- It provides opportunities for raising new capital.
- It protects the investors from shady deals.
- It facilitates dealings in government securities.
- It encourages savings.
- It disseminates information to entrepreneurs and industrialists.
- It assists government to implement monetary policies.
- It provides parameters for measuring companies’ goodwill
- It fights against inflation.
- It advises the government, investors and industrialists dealing with stocks and securities.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.