DOWNLOAD YOUR SCHOOL UP-TO-DATE POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS HERE
How to Prove Intent to Return Home After Studying in the U.S.
Prove Intent to Return Home After Studying in the U.S… When applying for the U.S student visa, it is a requirement that you have to prove intent of returning to your home country after you are done studying there.
Though the U.S is a top destination for foreign students because of its receptiveness to foreigners and its multicultural society, students who get admitted to study in its numerous institutions of learning such as the colleges and universities – the U.S government insists that unless otherwise stated, foreign students have to return to their various home countries once they are done studying.
Proof of intent to return home after studying in the U.S is a must requirement for F-1 or M-1 student visa application. So how does one go about proving the intent to return to your home country when applying for a U.S student visa?
Compiling Documents to Prove Intent to Return Home after Studying in the U.S.
When being interviewed at the U.S embassy, one of the most definite questions you would be asked is,“Would you return home after studying in the U.S? If so why and how can you prove this?”
Most people erroneously think saying “Yes, I would be returning home” is enough. It isn’t because most people say yes but really would stay back in the U.S against their earlier statement so you really have to be convincing. The U.S Authorities already assumes most persons would stay back in the country and they are right to think so as this is most times true.
There are a lot of details which have to be put into the documents to convince the representative of the U.S government at the embassy that you intend to really return to your home country. Details such as information about your family, home, employment status, achievements, future plans once you are done with studying in the U.S and so much more.
Documents to Prove Intent to Return Home after Studying in the U.S.
There are countless documents you need to compile and submit when asked during the visa interview at the U.S embassy and they include but aren’t limited to the following documents:
- A proof of intent letter stating in a few articulate sentences how your degree or course you intend to study in the U.S would be of relevance to you when you finish studying and return to your home country.
- A sworn affidavit by your parents or guardian which contains the names of all the members of your family residing in your home country. The sworn affidavit would also contain their details to prove that the family members are all well settled in your home country.
- A sworn statement by them that you would return to your home country when you are done with studies would give you an edge.
- Submit copies of deeds of property that your family or you own which are located in your home country such as houses, lands, businesses, shops e.t.c
- A copy of your rental agreement over a long period of time which shows stability
- Documents proving you have started a family such as marriage and birth certificates who have left behind and further strengthens your ties to your home country.
N/B: It is not compulsory that you leave a spouse and kids behind or even have them but if you do and would leave them behind when traveling, use it to strengthen your case.
- Documents proving your employment history or having a business such as a valid business license, salary history, a recommendation letter from your boss
- Documents to prove how relevant and viable the course you intend to study is in your home country such as official statistics or a letter from employees who would have you once you graduate.
- Copies of your bank statements to prove your financial reliability in your home country. If you don’t have a job yet because you are still young, do well to open accounts to further strengthen ties your home country.
Sample of Proof of Intent Letter to Return to Home Country after Studying in the U.S.
150, Olusegun Obasanjo Way,
Akwa Ibom State.
U.S. Consulate General Lagos Office
2 Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
To Whom It May Concern,
Proof of Intent Letter to Return to Home Country after Studying In the U.S.
This is to state my intent to return to my home country of Nigeria once I am done studying for a masters degree in Computer Networking in the University of Florida.
I intent to take further my career as a network analyst in my place of employment and subsequently start up a computer systems firm to get subcontracts. The IT industry in Nigeria has continued to expand in recent years and I intend to continue to be part of the expansion even more so with the skills and certification I would be acquiring while studying in the University of Florida.
I’ve already made plans with close associates I would be partnering with and my company has already expanded it sphere of work into more complicated IT field which my skill acquisition drive would help me be better at.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.