Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment for Community Engagement Officer – Apply Now.
Save the Children Nigeria Job Vacancy for Community… Save the Children Nigeria is recruiting for Community Engagement Officer. The ideal candidate must possess a postgraduate University degree in Social Sciences.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: Community Engagement Officer – on behalf of CSO Partner
Locations: Gombe, Katsina and Zamfara, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Scope of Role
- This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Project Team Lead in the three states of Gombe, Kastina and Zamfara.
- The Partnership community engagement officer will Coordinate, monitor and supervise the community based promotion and mobilization activities related to “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make Informed Choices for their Health” (REACH) project at the community level.
Key Areas of Accountability
As a member of the REACH Project team, the Partnership community engagement officer will:
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the programme.
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in the development of communications materials, participate in their review, and comment on print and electronic media materials including scripts, posters, leaflets, video/audio recordings. This also includes working with the state team in development of programme case studies and documentaries.
- Organise Stakeholders participation, sensitisation and advocacy
- Ensure strong link with state, local government and community stakeholders
- Undertake a range of lobbying, communications and other activities to inform and persuade policy makers, religious/traditional leaders, community members, donors and politicians, of the value of REACH project in the community.
- Ensure Save the Children visibility and acceptance in the community
- Prepare a monthly plan for field activities
- Identify the problems in the implementation process and propose solutions
- Prepare activities’ reports
- Work closely with state ASRH coordinator and Gender equality and child welfare officer to design and deliver communications interventions that facilitate behaviour change amongst target groups across the focal LGAs
- Lead on planning and implementation of feedback mechanisms with leaders, communities and beneficiaries
- Be responsible for the strengthening and coordination of complain and response mechanism (CRM) activities
- Keep records of supervision and actions taken from own activities
- Link with other organisations present in the area
- Plan logistics and materials needs for the activities to be carried out
- Relationship building negotiation and problem solving with authorities, communities and Mobilizers/Volunteers
- Develop good knowledge of state and local government structures, parliamentary and political processes, traditional and religious structure and any other key decision making structures and how to influence them.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- A graduate University degree in Social Sciences with academic training in women’s studies, gender and development or a relevant field
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff.
- At least 1-to2 years of experience on community mobilization, Adolescent sexual and reproductive health programming.
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Experience in Adolescent sexual and reproductive health Nutrition and community based programmes,
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
- Programming experience in community engagement.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
DEADLINE: 24th September, 2018.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.