Study in USA Now with the Help of Banabas Angyer [+19402286133]
DOWNLOAD YOUR SCHOOL UP-TO-DATE POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS HERE
TSL international Schools Essay Competition and Debate 2019 and How to Participate
Trust for Sustainable Living, TSL call out for entries from schoolchildren from all over the world for its 2019 international essay competition and Debate. The deadline for submission of entries for the competition is 20th December, 2018
The Trust for Sustainable Living is pleased to invite schoolchildren around the world to share their unique perspectives on the role young people can play in achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal #15 – to conserve and sustainably manage life on land.
According to the UN and its global partners, a flourishing life on land is fundamental to our future security. We are all part of the planet’s ecosystem, yet we have caused it severe damage through deforestation, loss of natural habitats and land degradation. Promoting the sustainable use of our ecosystems and preserving biodiversity is not just ‘another cause’, it is a key to our future survival. UN SDG #15 challenges countries to conserve and sustainably manage Life on Land, as part of wider efforts across all countries to protect the Earth as a whole.
Children are strongly encouraged to share their own experiences (good or bad, local or national) in order to help bring their essays alive and support a meaningful international dialogue.
TSL International Schools Essay Competition and Debate Eligibility.
- Open to primary students and secondary students, supported by Teacher Champions, parents and schools.
- Each student is invited to submit one essay in English, entitled:
- Primary students (ages 7-11; max. 400 words): Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land)
- Secondary students (ages 11-17; max. 600 words): Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land)
TSL International Schools Essay Competition and Debate Prizes.
- Every year, one overall Grand Prize winner (plus Teacher Champion and parent) wins a free trip to the TSL International Schools Debates & Awards. The 2019 debates will take place in British Columbia, Canada;
- The writers of the top ten essays in each category (Primary or Secondary) receive medals and all Finalists, Honourable Mentions and Debate Attendees receive personalised certificates.
TSL International Schools Essay Competition and Debate Key Dates.
- Mid-September 2018: Registration opens for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in the TSL 2019 Essay Competition.
- 20 December 2018: Deadline for submission of essays (and Schools Sustainability Challenge videos).
- 15 February 2019: Announcement of essay competition awardees – Finalists (Top 10%) and Honourable Mentions (Top 33%).
- 31 May 2019: Registration deadline to attend the 2019 Schools Debates (compulsory for all attendees). All students and teachers who submit an essay (or Schools Sustainability Challenge video) are very welcome to attend.
- 8-12 July 2018: International Schools Debates & Awards, Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia.
How to Participate.
Judging and Rules
- The essays are judged for originality and creativity in all formats, and the potential to contribute to a constructive international debate;
- Unique and well-argued perspectives score highly. Please refrain from copying and pasting non-original material;
- An international judging panel of sustainability experts and educationalists will select the winning entries for each age category.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
MOST RELATED POST
Tags: Trust for Sustainable Living