ADS: Get JAMB CBT APP on Your PHONE and PC Now!
Universities Tuition Fees in Finland: Tuition Fee for EU and non EU Students.
Universities Tuition Fees in Finland… Presently as at the time of writing, the yearly cost of tuition charge are different ranging from 4,500 to 18,500 euro, and it is determined by the program you wish to study. To find out the cost of tuition is yearly, it is advisable to check out the school which provides the course you are seeking to study in.
Over the years, Finland has continued to remain a top destination because most of its tertiary schools offer tuition-free education, mostly for those who are from the EU/EEA (European Union/ European Economic Area) nations.
Since the autumn of 2017, most of the school charge tuition fees from international students who aren’t from the EU or EEA zone who seek to study in these schools. The general tuition fees have been broken down as follows:
- The lowest tuition fee for courses that are taught in English for a degree program: 1,500 euro per annum
- The median tuition fee for courses that are taught in English for a degree program: 10,000 – 16,000 euro per annum
- For courses that are taught in the Finnish language or Swedish Language for a degree program: It is tuition-free
- The most expensive tuition fee – University of Helsinki: 10,000 – 25,000 euro per annum
- One of the lowest tuition – University of Lappeenranta: average of 10,000 euro per annum
Study for Free in Finland
Some of the schools in Finland which do not charge tuition fees for EU/EEA students:
- University of Jyväskylä;
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences;
- University of Eastern Finland;
- Hanken School of Economics.
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Tampere University of Technology
- Åland Polytechnic
- University of Applied Sciences
- Central Ostrobothnia University of Applied Sciences
- Diaconia University of Applied Sciences
- EVTEK University of Applied Sciences
- Finnish Academy of Fine Arts
- Sibelius Academy
- Theatre Academy
- Hanken Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Lapland
- University of Oulu
- Oulu Polytechnic – University of Applied Sciences
- Pirkanmaa Polytechnic – University of Applied Sciences
- Rovaniemi University of Applied Sciences
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences
- Savonia University of Applied Sciences
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK)
- University of Art and Design Helsinki UIAH
- University of Tampere
- University of Vaasa
- Helsinki University of Technology
- ÅboAkademi University
- University of Helsinki
- University of Jyväskylä
- Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences
- Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences
- North Karelia University of Applied Sciences
Tuition Fees at Top-ranked Universities in Finland
Below are the tuition fees which international students which include EEA students are required to pay:
- University of Helsinki – average tuition fees 13,250 per annum
- Aalto University – average tuition fees 15,300 per annum
- University of Oulu – average tuition 12,200 fees per annum
- University of Tampere – average tuition fees 10,020 per annum
Scholarships and Grants for Finland
Because of the tuition fees which are being proposed to be charged at a later point in time, all the universities have been mandated to offer scholarship schemes for international students who aren’t from the EU or EEA zone. Only those who apply for PhD programs are eligible to submit scholarship applications until it has taken effect and been executed.
- Even though it is rare to come by scholarship for those study undergraduate programs, there are schemes with which you can fund your education via Erasmus Mundus.
- Highly-performing international students are qualified to study free of charge or get part paid for. The Finnish government provides the scholarships and sometimes it also takes care of the living expenses while schooling.
Cost of Living
Generally if you are a student living in Finland expect a monthly living cost which ranges from 730 euro to 910 euro which is high compared to other European countries but this cost is based on the part of Finland you reside in. In the capital city, Helsinki, and several other cities it is more expensive than rural areas or small cities. Residence in an accommodation designated for students would help you save costs.
Take notice that for students who are from non-EU or EEA areas, you’d be required to provide proof of financial reliance when applying for student residence permit for Finland.
For those from any EU/EEA/Nordic country, a student residence permit isn’t a requirement to study in the country.
Some Related Matters
Currency: Euro (€) – You can also use most international credit cards.
Scholarships: Scholarships are based on your year of study along with your home country.
Tuition fees: If you’re a non-EU student applying to any English-taught Bachelor’s or degree programme, you should ascertain the fee and scholarship details with the university you are applying to.
Student union fees: As a collegian, you’re needed to pay yearly student association charge that is about 80-100€. Similar student unions exist at the UAS’s (Universities of Applied Sciences); however, the membership is not compulsory there.
Student Association charges: Together with your student card, you’re entitled to discounts in student restaurants and public transportation, at the side of several different places.
Banks: There are several banks operative in Finland you just open a Finnish checking account when your arrival. You should enquire from the student affairs unit , tutors, or fellow students to help you with this. The bank of your selection may also advise you on the procedures.
Work: Even though you are permitted to apply for jobs with a student residence permit, speaking either Finnish or Swedish aides your chances of getting a job or work.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.